Wednesday, May 12, 2010

2 insights

1. It's not hard to keep the house clean, it just takes a lot of decision making. Every time I see a pile of stuff sitting inside the front door or on a flat surface, it's because it's something that requires a decision - do I need to keep this, should I follow up on this, where should I put it, etc. etc. etc. I just need to deal with the fact that it's up to me. It makes me chuckle when grownups say "I don't know" to choices - as if decisions will magically happen and then fill you in on the details. Actually, that IS what happens at my house, I just happen to make the magic myself..ha ha.

2. I am going to have to keep better track of my spending. I want to know where the money goes. I just got home from grocery shopping. I'm going to keep my receipt out and cross off the stuff as I use it. This should tell me a few things: Do I really use everything I buy? Am I stocking up on ingredients for recipes and then not making them? How much food am I wasting?

No comments:

Post a Comment